Friday, August 15, 2014

Cuckoo for Coconuts

"I'm cuckoo for coconuts!"...That's the right saying, isn't it? Oh. Wait...Oops...Anyway, the saying still stands. I am having a love affair with coconuts, specifically coconut oil. It has seeped it's way into almost every part of my daily life. Here are some of the ways I use it:

Makeup remover- I slather it onto my entire face, paying specific attention to my eyes. After I have sufficiently covered my face and rubbed it over my eyes (ladies, this stuff takes off WATERPROOF MASCARA with ease!), I take wet cotton pads and keep wiping my face until no more makeup is coming off on the pads....And Viola! clean face! And you are already moisturized! (Also, I like to use an apple cider vinegar toner after I take my makeup off!)

Moisturizer- I use it on my face, as well as my entire body. For added softness, I add a couple drops of Frankincense essential oil and slather it on. The morning after the first night I did this I could not believe how soft my skin was when I woke up! It was like a babies bottom :)...Caution: DO NOT get the frankincense oil in your eyes. The coconut oil is fine, but the essential oil is not. I literally thought my eyeballs were going to fall out of my face. And even worse, it took forever to get out of my eyes...So just don't do it. There is nothing worse than ruining a relaxing evening by thinking you're going to lose your eyeballs...

Oil Pulling- I will write about the process and benefits of oil pulling later, but for now, just know that this is my personal favorite for oil pulling. It is, by far, the easiest and tastiest!

Burns- Wonderful for any burn, including sunburns! For even better results, add a couple drops of lavender essential oil.

Wounds- Apply to cuts to speed healing.

DIY Hair Mask- Work it into your hair and put it in a bun on the top of your head. Sleep on a towel and then wash it out in the morning! It is that simple! It may take a couple of washes to get out, but it will be worth it! Your hair will thank you.

Coconut Oil For My Dog- Hunter LOVES coconut oil, in a BIG way. I give him small spoonfuls as treats, hide pills in it, and I put it on his food. It has made him a healthier dog for it!

Don't worry, I didn't let him eat straight from the jar. After we finished that one I let him lick it. After he finished licking it, he decided to chew on it a little just to make sure he got it all...you know...thoroughness...

NOTE: Try to buy "cold-pressed", organic, virgin coconut oil. It has more nutrients and is more flavorful.

ALSO: I will expand upon each of these uses in greater detail, later. This is just a couple to get you started! Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment